Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Christmas in July

I started this month with a Post for Christmas in July
So thought I should also end it with one
Out of all my paper mache's heads
I have one item complete.
My craft time has been slow, my back issues totally interfere
With this process... lol.. what can ya do right

Check this little Snowman out


He is mounted on a salt shaker


I used Spray adhesive to get the glittery texture on the bottle
It dries with a foggy apperance
Really pretty cool actually
His little hat is a wooden flower pot
Turned upside down

I made some Clay noses a few years back. I think
I have a few left.. time to make more
I have used all the noses and all the coal eyes

I need to get the rest of my paper mache' stuff done
This turned out so cute I am inspred to
Finish the others

Happy Christmas in July
Try out this new texture technique
It is really quite fun

DeeDee

6 comments:

BiWuBär said...

What a funny chap - great job. And what a funny coincidence - on the shoppingchannel, the German QVC - they're celebrating Christmas in July today - a whole day with craft products... *sigh* if I only had time - and money (LOL).

Greetings
Birgit

PeggyR said...

Oh he is so cute!

Mosaic Magpie said...

DeeDee, I am lovin' him! What a cutie and YES make more!! I am just now catching up with everyone, while I am at "work".
Deb

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your snowman is adorable. Jane at Mamie Jane's makes these -- she uses a toothpick for the nose and then paints it. :) Have a great day. Tammy

Teddi said...

very cute indeed, dee dee!

http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

He is super cute! I made several both last year and the year before. They are so fun and each one has a different personality!