Thursday, May 19, 2011

OMG! OMG! Look What I Have

 I have my most favorite flower in my garden....
I cannot believe it...
in Texas

Real Lilacs in bloom
the smells

Heavenly!!!


Not a full blown bush
but a few plumes
enough for me to smell them
and it grows on
I am in Heaven right


and look I have been blessed with
 one other
treasure

Rubarb in Texas

I so hope it grows big



even if they don't prosper and flourish
I am blessed for what I have
we shall see how they do.
I have done pretty good here
I am smiling today

Happy Spring
DeeDee

6 comments:

BiWuBär said...

Congratulations! I really understand your happiness. Around here, lilac is a very familiar sight, not only in gardens, it even grows wild in the hedges around the fields... nevertheless to me the lilac bloom is one of the highlights in the garden year.

Happy enjoying the lovely perfume!
Birgit

Proper Prim said...

Yahoo... I can smell them from here. I have two bushes in my backyard, I can't get enough of the smells that it produces. It screams spring... now if Mother Nature would just listen I would be a happier girl.

I have been pulling out rubarb plants for 6 years... HUGE ones... too bad you didn't live closer I'd send them over to you.

Have a great day Dee Dee... xo

Hugs, Deb

Teddi said...

i <3 lilacs! i would love some. however with my black thumb i'd kill it. the rhubarb, u can keep that for yourself.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

mmmmmm- I can almost smell those lilacs!! Ours are just starting to bud so it won't be long. Our plum tree is in full bloom, but it's been too cold for the bees to be out so I doubt there will be any plums this year again.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

DeeDee, I'm green with envy! If I close my eyes and turn on my imagination, I can almost smell them.
sigh
xoxo
Donna

Cindy Rose said...

Wow, DeeDee, I know you were thrilled! Wish I could smell them!