Saturday, August 7, 2010

Microwave Fun

I had a bit of fun with my microwave today.,,,,I  bought a small kiln for the microwave some time back..finally got me a cheap dedicated microwave for the garage and off  I went to try my hand at Fused Glass. I used 90coe glass that I bought on clerance at Hobby Lobby.  I must say I exploded a few...way over melted a few and got a few good ones...take a look

ummm so so...


this one is a mistake due to the bubble in the center..but in person it really looks good this way..I have plans for this one



had to make something fun for my girls...
needs some charms don't ya think




I had fun for my first try...learnt alot...especially  to wear safety glasses cause this stuff can and will explode.

my next post will be the project made from the heart circle...that is really a mistake...come back by and take a look...

I love this stuff...


DeeDee

5 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

Hey DeeDee,
Use some of your stained glass scraps to fuse. Layer them up or arrange in a shape. Sometimes they are not compatible and will break but sometimes you get some neat looking pieces.
Debbie

Wendy Aspinall said...

Oh Dee I have always want to try this but so fay haven't tell my about this mirowave kilm I never heard of one..... Hugs Wendy

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Well, Dee Dee! Aren't you the clever one? I recently saw one of those mic'rave kilns and was intrigued. Alas, no room in the studio for yet another craft, so I'll watch what you're doing and cheer you on instead. Can't wait to see what you do next! Enjoy your weekend.
xoxo
Donna

Annesphamily said...

I am here from Simply Debbie and she raved about you! I must say she knows a great artist when she sees one! I am so happy to meet you. I hope you will join me soon. I am having my first of three giveaways tonight. Please come say hi! Anne

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

How stinkin' cool is that!!! You are SO creative!