Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mosaic Fun at the glass shop

 I attended another fun Thursday Ladies Night out at   Merry Go Round Glass Center. Vicki and Larry are so much fun to be around and learn from if you are local here is the shop info

Merry Go Round Glass Center
3021 Lackland Rd. - Ft. Worth, TX 76116 - 817-763-0589
E-mail Me! stainedglassday@yahoo.com -
Store Hours: Always Closed Sun & Mon, Tue & Fri, 10-6; Wed & Thurs 10-8; Sat 10-3

 I went with my friends Gayle and Sandy and we had a very fun time...I made a dragon fly glass block bank for my grandson



and me displaying it...lol

cheesy I know.



I still need to grout it and finish the back...I could have made this to be a small lamp , or night light also...
I will surely be going back here for more fun soon...if you stop by or choose to join us one Thursday night call Vicki and tell her DeeDee sent you..she will get you what you need to have a fun night crafting with glass.
Hope to see ya there one Thursday.


DeeDee

2 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Dee Dee. You are always making the most wonderful things and always trying something new. So fun! Great idea too for the baby book for your friend. Something that everyone can work on and put together for a fabulous gift. Great fun and sweet cards with the swap too. Hope you are having a terrific Tuesday. :) Tammy

Barbara Jean said...

DeeDee,
Oh am I so glad you knew how to do the crinkled shredded paper!!

I wondered if it would work the way you said but did not want to buy a crinckler if it would not.

Do you have a 1/8" shredder? or 1/4"?

I have only been able to find 1/4" used, and I want the narrow crinkles.

thanks and I'm passing your answer, and your blog on to my friends.

Blessings

barbara jean