Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tinkerbell Fun

   I made this solder charm necklace with matching bracelet for my grand-daughter. She had some thing with these small graphics on them...not sure what they are from. Her mom sent them to me. I totally recycled them to something fun.. So I watch out for all kinds of things to use for this fun craft, I am also making a Christmas ornament with a graphic from a candy box . It is a bit bigger thou...

The Necklace



now isnt that adorable?

   So the charm bracelet. The little 1/2"x1/2" charms were a challenge for a new comer...lol..but not achievable. I had a problem here too,  becasue these were the last thing I worked on this night, at my birthday party. That being said means I was full of spirits by the time I got to these..and in my mind I thought I will just get the solder on there and fix them up tomorrow. Well once you get all that solder on it is very hard to get it back off. Especially on such a little charm. See example below...



      Needless to say they were a mess, a big mess. so while looking at the finished project a bit later in this post please keep this in mind...I think I might have been attempting to do some decorative soldering myself. I am sticking to this story.

The Bracelet





     It will be hard for her to find things with her name on it, since the spelling is different than Danica Patrick's  (famous racecar driver) name. Pronounced the same thou..Even with its defects I still think it is just adorbale and I know she will love it too. And it is just her size.

    I need to design some more stuff to work on...this completes the stuff  I soldered on my birthday....

   Just please remember don't drink and solder....lol..I had a fun time thou.

DeeDee

2 comments:

Proper Prim said...

hahahaha... hApPy BiRtHdAy DeeDee... hope the party was great... you gave me a good chuckle there...

these are adorable... I am sure your grandaughter is going to love those.

Hugs, Deb

Lisa said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I just had to come and see what you are up to! I LOVE the charm bracelets! My daughter is into Tinker too. We have a cat we named Stinker Bell. heehee