Saturday, June 27, 2009

Christmas In July.......


This is another version in my style of the flower pot card...I call it Christmas in July and it is made using graphics. I also love the Martha Stewart Pine Leaf Punch makes it look like a bit of baby's breath in there almost to me. Lots of embellishments and I used the emboss tool to give it dimension...Merry Christmas in July to all my friends.....I made this for a swap at one of my local meet-up groups.This will be the first of my work that they will see..Hope they like it..poinsetta graphics from PCCrafter
Poinsettia Card

Terracotta card stock
White card stock
Pop Dots
Ribbon
Stickles in green and gold (optional)
Small yellow beads for flower centers (optional)
Inks for distressing (optional)
Cuttlebug and folders (optional)
Decorative edge punch (optional)
Martha Stewart pine leaf punch (optional)

Graphics used: Traditional Christmas by Tina Wenke

For Flower pot:

1.) Use Terracotta paper and cut as follows…3 ½” x 9 “
2.) Score at 2” and 5 ½”
3.) Fold 2” part towards you and 5 ½” part away from you to for them pot pocket. Slightly cut each edge in to form the bottom of the pot shape.
4.) Use decorative edge punch if desired on 2” segment. Glue edges of pot card together. Decorate with lace as shown.
5.) Can also emboss in Cuttlebug and ink to distress if desired, as shown
6.) Glue rim down.

For insert Card:

1.) Cut base card as follows: 2 ¼” x 4 1/2'” .This is where you greeting will go. Add this before assembling the rest of the card.
2.) Insert you card into the pocket of the pot. The top that sticks out is where you will adhere your flowers on.
3.) Size and Print poinsettia graphics, cut out, cut one separate and raise it with a pop dot for dimension.
4.) Let some of the flowers hang over the edge of the pots rim (no glue here)
5.) Embellish and distress flowers as desired. I used the pine punch to add for extra dimension to my card. Also embossed the centers and folded a bit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dag woman......you are one mean craftin' machine!! Nice job and very cute as usual. If your group doesn't like it, let me know and I'll bring my posse down to work 'em over. LOL
MJ

Paula said...

Do you ever sleep.lol This is cute.